|Home Page||Site Index||Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||we are devoted to new Christians|
|Level 4||Level 5||Level 6||What's New?||Flash Movies||helping you to grow in Jesus|
|Teen Page||Cartoons||Guest Book||FAQ||Links||and share Him with others|
ACID CLOUD VISION GIVEN IN 1994 - FORETELLING LAKELAND FLORIDA?
VISION of THE ACID CLOUD - 1994
-by Richard Smith.
(In the light of the Lakeland "Revival" and Todd Bentley, the following vision seems significant. It was given to a man in England back in September 1994.)
This vision emerged with an unusually vivid degree of clarity on Thursday morning the 29th September 1994, just before I was about to go out and do some studying.
Following a period of pouring out my distressed feelings about the condition of the Church to Jesus, who is our heavenly Advocate, I saw ahead of me a large billowing black cloud which carried lots of soot and other pollutants. Its sulphurous stench revealed that here was no natural cloud, but rather it was the type of acid cloud which arises from the explosion of some chemical plant or oil installation. Blown by its own momentum, the acid cloud was rapidly heading towards a low waterless desert plain which lay beneath some rocky mountains. Filling the plain were all types of people whom I understood represented the Christian population of England. Most were indigenous white Anglo-Saxons, but there were members of various ethnic minorities as well. These stood for the immigrant population in England.
FOUR GROUPS. On closer inspection, I could see that this vast assembly was divided into four main groups. The first of these was the one that was nearest to the cloud and was obviously coming under its influence. This particular group can be known as the intoxicated. Behind them, closely intermingled together, were the second and third groups - these can be known as the fearful and the angry. Still further behind at a little distance was a smaller group who will be known as the prepared. However, one fact was obvious - the acid cloud was going to cover all four groups regardless of whether they wanted it to or not.
It was at this point that I perceived that the cloud was blowing in from the Westerly direction.
In response to this cloud, the first group were laughing, dancing and singing. A few of their members were lying prostrate and making all kinds of animal noises. Some were so deliriously happy that they actually formed a dance line, which - while they were dancing the conga - snaked its way into the cloud. With a start, I realised their mistake. Already intoxicated by invisible fumes emanating from the front of the cloud, this group were wrongly assuming that the polluted cloud was a refreshing rain cloud that represented God's presence. They failed to see what its true nature was.
The second group of Christians saw what the cloud consisted of, but then panicked. Some ran away and tripped over, knocking themselves out, while others stood there, frozen to the ground, looking in two directions at once. Like the first group, they too were swallowed up by the cloud. Their fundamental mistake was to panic in the face of evil.
Whilst this was happening, the third group of Christians (who also saw that the cloud was a menace) stood before it shaking their fists and making all kinds of angry noises. Some were kicking at it with their feet. Like the previous two groups, they were clad in light, flimsy summer clothing. Their mistake was to try to fight the cloud in their own strength. Consequently, they too were swallowed up. Moreover, as the cloud ate up each of the three previous groups, there was silence, followed by ear-piercing howls of pain, succeeded by more silence - which was broken only by the odd intermittent moan or throaty gurgle which very much reminded me of a First World War gas attack.
THE PREPARED. However, the fourth group of Christians were getting ready to deal with the threat posed by this cloud. With urgent haste, they were donning anti-chemical suits of clothing, clamping on gas masks and putting on strong safety helmets which had a bright light, like a miner's lamp, attached to it. Above the lamp (which represented the light of the Holy Spirit) near the top of the helmet was a bright red spot. At once I discerned that this symbolised the Blood of Jesus Christ. It was His mark on this group.
Strapped to their sides were white first-aid cases with red crosses on them. These carried a wide assortment of medical aids to help those Christians who had been burned by the cloud. In their right hands they carried strong transparent riot shields, while in their left hands they carried various types of weaponry. These were obviously designed to fight the various kinds of principalities which inhabit the cloud.
Suddenly, at God's own timing, they formed a line, linked shields and marched at an orderly pace into the cloud. They were obviously directed by the Lord to do this. It was also clear that they were called to work very closely together. (Note; later, Richard was shown that the strategy of this group would be to advance at the Lord's command, fight strenuously, rescue and minister to some of the wounded; then stand their ground awaiting the next call for advance).
BELIEVE NOT EVERY SPIRIT. Somewhat taken aback by the implications of this vision, I then used my mind to apply 1 Jn 4:1-3. In blunt Yorkshire tones, I said, "Do you, the spirit who has brought this picture so vividly to mind, boldly confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh"? "Yes, I boldly confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh". "Fine, what do you say about the Blood He shed on the Cross?" "Through the Blood there is forgiveness of sin. It protected the Israelites from My judgement on the Egyptian firstborn". "Good. Now let's take counsel together and have some intelligent discussion. Without repeating all the details that were revealed earlier, would you please, Abba Father, send your Holy Spirit to complete the interpretation of this vision?"
THE INTERPRETATION. Still utterly in control of what was happening, I then slowly took stock of what the Holy Spirit was saying. While creating a piercing clarity of mind that served to heighten my intellectual faculties, the Holy Spirit gave me the following interpretation:
1) The acid cloud not only represented what is currently known as the Toronto Phenomenon, it also represents all that will come out of that occurrence. The Toronto Phenomenon is so to speak only the front edge of the cloud. It is paving a way for even more extreme manifestations of the evil one. In short, "Toronto" can be seen as a beginning rather than an end.
2) Being blown by its own momentum indicates that within the cloud there is only what can be described as a hostile alien spirit. It is the head spirit of many other spirits which inhabit the cloud. Moreover, this alien spirit has been given permission by God to try the loyalties of Christians in this country. Through a process of sharp division, which will cause many wounds, it will become really clear who in the Church is standing by Jesus and who is not. However, some of those who belong to the first three groups will be given a few further chances to repent. For a little while, the opportunity to get back into a right relationship with God will exist.
3) The flat waterless desert plain represents English Society which is bereft of the Holy Spirit. It may also have some bearing on other places within the British Isles - even though it is England which is primarily represented. Another point to mention is that if the Lord's people had been on top of the rocky mountains, (which represents nearness to God's presence) then they would have escaped the influence of the acid cloud. Their position on the desert plain has left them desperately vulnerable to the corrosive effects. In other words, being in the place where Jesus Christ doesn't want them to be has stripped the Church of many spiritual defences. Far from putting on the armour of God, it is wearing loose, light summer clothes. Furthermore, being in the desert place has caused many Christians to seek to assuage their thirst from the wrong spiritual sources. That is one reason why the first group greeted the cloud with such enthusiasm. It seemed to offer an easy way to meet their needs.
4) As was stated earlier, the people in the plain were Christians - mainly charismatic/evangelical Christians, but there were also a fair number of representatives from the established denominations as well. They were conspicuous for their clerical collars, long robes and self-important expressions on their faces. It was clear that this cloud is going to have a very widespread effect.
5) As was clearly seen in the vision itself, the four groups rep-resented four possible reactions to the acid cloud. Only the last was appropriate to the situation in hand. In particular, those who stood frozen to the ground looking in two directions stood for Christian leaders who were trying to find expedient diplomatic solutions to what was an impossible situation. Not surprisingly, most of their supporters were quickly deserting them - leaving them alone to be swallowed up by the cloud. At this juncture, I believe the Holy Spirit is clearly saying, "beware of man-made expedients in dealing with the Toronto Phenomenon". What the Church faces here is primarily a spiritual, not cultural or psychological problem. Spiritual weapons will be needed to deal with it.
6) The role of the fourth group, which was the only one really doing God's will, was two-fold. Firstly it has to use the spiritual weapons given it to attack the principalities which were in the cloud. Secondly, it had to help restore Christians from the previous three groups who had been injured by it. Regrettably, some Christians they will have to bypass, because they will either refuse treatment or be in such a wild state that it will be impossible to deal with them.
By no means will all Christians survive the passing of the cloud. Some will forsake their faith, while others will suffer from permanent physical and mental breakdowns. A few will even lose their very lives there.
I began to see that the acid cloud was also the cloud of God's judgement, that will have to pass over the Church until evil is forcibly removed from it. Only after the acid cloud has done its work will the Church be pure enough to receive the cloud of God's presence. This cloud will in turn bring further cleansing and much-needed revival. However, the time for this second cloud to pass over is not yet. Any hopes of immediate revival are therefore premature. This means that taken as a whole, the Toronto Phenomenon does not represent a time of refreshing, rather it represents what is perhaps the first instalment of a VERY severe judgement on the churches in this country.
In a very real sense, the mass of God's people are being handed over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh. Only those who are faithful to the Lord in all things will be exempt from this judgement - even though they may be distressed by its consequences. For members of the fourth group, there is the challenge to stand together and not act as a group of disparate individuals.
In closing, I believe the Holy Spirit is challenging you who read this document to decide which groups you belong to - is it to be the intoxicated, the fearful, the angry or the prepared? Great evil is coming upon many churches in this country - there exists only a little time to make this decision.
Leeds, United Kingdom